If you’ve attended one of our 2022 “Laughing All The Way” events, you’ve probably seen this slide on the big screen during the preshow slideshow and scanned the QR code:
And while we’re not going to tell you that this is the very best banana bread ever…
…we’re certainly not going to tell you it isn’t!
We will honestly say, however, that everyone who has tasted a slice of this banana bread comes back for a second. In fact, it now holds first place as the most requested dish at all of our marketing manager’s holiday meals! (We even served it backstage at our events last year.)
Before you begin, here are a few tips to make your banana bread the very best:
- Make sure your butter has been out for several hours so it can soften enough to blend well. (HINT: It’s best if left out overnight.)
- Make sure your bananas are ripened enough; if the peels are half yellow/half black, you’re good to go!
- Don’t overmix the batter. You want to make sure the flour is stirred only until blended.
- Icing, chopped nuts, and chocolate chips are all fine and good, if that’s your preference. But trust us when we say that this recipe is a really good stand-alone when served barely warm with a little pat of butter.
2 medium bananas, ripened
1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temp
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease and flour a 9-1/2″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Peel bananas, then mash in a large mixing bowl for 30-45 seconds.
- Add softened butter, sour cream, large eggs, and vanilla. Blend well, making sure there are no large chunks of butter in the batter.
- Add sugar, salt, baking soda, and mix well.
- Gently fold in the flour until well-blended.
- *You can add nuts or chocolate chips at this point, but why ruin a good thing? 🙂
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on middle rack for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately and let cool on a wire rack.
This Post Has One Comment
Loved every laugh. Awesomely talented people…